5 Easy Tips for Preparing your House for Sale
Tuesday Mar 07th, 2017Share
Every seller wants their home to sell fast and for top dollar. With some careful planning and know-how, you can make that happen. Here are a few tips on how to prepare your house for sale and turn your home into an irresistible listing!
- Clean, clean, clean - Nothing turns buyers away like a dirty house. If you don’t have the time for deep cleaning, hire a cleaning lady to come before and during the time your house is listed. Be sure to also remember to re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks, clean out the refrigerator and hang fresh towels in the bathrooms.
- Organize closets and cupboards - Buyers love to snoop through closets and open cupboards. An overstuffed closet shows a buyer that you don’t have enough storage space. If you spend some time organizing your cupboards, buyers will assume that you probably take good care of the rest of the house as well. So line up those shoes, alphabetize spice jars and keep it all tidy!
- Rent a storage unit - Almost all homes show better with less furniture. Temporarily getting rid of bulky and unnecessary furniture will make your home appear larger. Leave just enough furniture to showcase the room’s purpose and plenty of space to move around.
- Make minor repairs - A fresh coat of paint may be one of your best investments and will take years off the appearance of your home. If carpet is worn or dated, consider replacing it. Patch holes in walls and tighten leaky faucets. Doors that don’t close properly and burned-out light bulbs are easy repairs that will make a world of difference to a potential buyer.
- Check curb appeal - Most buyers make up their mind before stepping foot in your house. A freshly mowed lawn, bright flowers and painted trim show buyers that your house is worth stepping inside!
For more tips like these, or to have a chat about what other things you should be doing to prepare your house for sale, don’t hesitate to email me or give me a call firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-330-7344.